Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ode to a Friend


I was lost in the dark, in a moment of silence
I was brazen by the mystery of you
that coy smile, friendly smile
You brought me to uncertainties
You blew off the igniting spark of hope
and you made me see the realities
and now I ain't hopeless...
I still see you - a man I truly appreciate
A friend, a comrade even in distance
I thank you for hanging out with me
amidst the loneliness, the aloofness
in that solitude abyss
even behold the dark skies
frightening lights
we took the rough roads
just to share and discover life
thanks for your music to which i gladly listened
thanks for my stories to which you closely listened
the rubs at my back that made me feel you're there
- this is just another great story of our friendship
mastered in time and goodwill
another good friend like you -
to treasure and cherish...
Somehow the odds are gone
I ain't achin'..ain't hopelessly hopin'
Coz it was just you and me..
- real good good friends, buddy-rangers!
This goes out for you..
an ode, a rhythm of my
recognition of our friendship! Carry on!

No comments: